Fox eye makeup is a trendy makeup technique that makes your eyes look lifted and elongated. It makes your eyes appear longer and brighter by focusing on the lashes and eyelids. Fox eye makeup look draws inspiration from the almond-shaped eyes often seen in foxes. This technique became popular in the beauty industry and on social media platforms. It’s a versatile style, popularized by supermodels like Kendall Jenner and Bella Hadid. It allow you to adjust the length of the wing to your preference.
Makeup Products for Achieving the Fox Eye Look
When it comes to achieving the fox eye makeup look, selecting the right makeup products can make all the difference. Here are some essential products to consider for creating the perfect fox eye look:
- Eyeshadow Palette: Opt for a versatile eyeshadow palette with a mix of warm neutral shades, such as browns, taupes, and mauves.
- Eyeliner: A precise and long-lasting eyeliner is crucial for creating the winged effect. Consider using a liquid eyeliner with a fine tip for precise application.
- Mascara: Choose a mascara that adds length and volume to your lashes, helping to enhance the overall eye look. Look for formulas that are smudge-proof and long-wearing.
- False Lashes: For an intensified fox eye effect, consider using false lashes. Opt for lashes with longer strands on the outer corners to emphasize the winged appearance.
- Eyebrow Products: Well-groomed eyebrows are essential to complement the fox eye look. Use an eyebrow pencil, powder, or pomade to fill in and define your brows.
- Highlighter: A shimmery highlighter can help to brighten the inner corners of your eyes and accentuate the lifted effect.
- Eye Primer: A reliable eye primer will ensure your eyeshadow stays in place throughout the day and prevents creasing.
- Brushes and Tools: Invest in a variety of eyeshadow brushes, including blending brushes, flat shader brushes, and angled brushes, to help you achieve a seamless eyeshadow application. Additionally, having a precise eyeliner brush can assist in creating the perfect winged eyeliner.
Suggested Article: Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial: Step-by-Step Guide for Beginners
Fox Eye Makeup Step By Step
The fox eye makeup look is designed to elongate and lift the eyes, creating a sleek and alluring appearance. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to achieve the fox eye makeup look:
1. Prepare the Eyes for Fox Eye Makeup:
- Start by applying a primer to create a smooth base for your eyeshadow.
- Conceal any dark circles or blemishes around the eyes with a concealer.
2. Fox Eyeshadow:
- Choose a neutral-toned eyeshadow palette with shades like warm browns, taupes, and deep mauves.
- Apply a transition shade (lighter than your skin tone) all over the eyelids and blend it into the crease.
- Use a slightly darker shade on the outer corners of the eyes and blend it inward to create depth.
- Apply a shimmery or metallic shade on the center of the lids to add brightness and dimension.
3. Winged Eyeliner:
- Begin by drawing a thin line along your upper lash line, starting from the inner corner and gradually thickening it towards the outer corner.
- Extend the winged eyeliner slightly upwards and outwards, following the natural shape of your eyes. This helps create the lifted effect.
- If desired, you can also apply a thin line of eyeliner along the lower lash line, starting from the outer corner and connecting it to the winged eyeliner.
4. Tightlining and Mascara for Fox Eyes:
- Apply eyeliner on the waterline of your upper lash line to intensify the lash line and make the eyes appear bigger.
- Curl your lashes and apply mascara to both the upper and lower lashes. Opt for lengthening and volumizing formulas to enhance the effect.
5. Brow Definition:
- Define your eyebrows using an eyebrow pencil or powder that matches your natural brow color.
- Create an arch that aligns with the outer corner of your eye to enhance the elongated appearance.
6. Highlighting :
- Apply a shimmery highlighter on the inner corners of your eyes and under the brow bone to add brightness and create an open-eye effect.
7. False Lashes (Optional)
- If you want to intensify the fox eye makeup look further, consider applying false lashes. Choose lashes with longer strands on the outer corners to accentuate the winged effect.
Note: everyone’s eye shape and features are unique, so feel free to adapt the steps according to your preferences and facial features. Practice and experimentation will help you perfect the fox eye makeup look that suits you best.
Related Topic: Creating a Flawless Makeup Base: Step-by-Step Guide
Special Tips for Fox Eye Makeup
- Eyeshadow Placement: Use warm neutral eyeshadow shades to add depth and dimension, focusing on the outer corners of the eyes.
- Lifted Inner Corners: Highlight the inner corners of the eyes to open them up and enhance the lifted appearance.
- Accentuate Lashes: Apply mascara or consider using false lashes with longer strands on the outer corners for added drama.
- Customize for Eye Shape: Adapt the technique to suit your eye shape, whether you have hooded eyes, monolids, or deep-set eyes.
- Subtle Variation for Everyday: For a more subtle everyday look, opt for softer eyeshadow shades, a shorter winged eyeliner, and skip false lashes.
- Blend and Soften: Ensure smooth blending of eyeshadows to create a seamless transition and avoid harsh lines.
- Natural Brows: Embrace your natural brow shape, filling in any sparse areas without altering the overall shape too much.
- Soft Lower Lash Line: Keep the lower lash line more understated with a light eyeshadow shade or smudged eyeliner.
- Overall Balance: Maintain a balanced and natural-looking makeup base, choosing a lightweight foundation, soft blush, and neutral lipstick to complement the eyes.
These tips can help you achieve the captivating fox eye look while adapting it to your personal style and making it suitable for everyday wear.
FAQs – Fox Eye Makeup
Q1: Can I customize the fox eye look for my eye shape?
A: Yes, the fox eye technique can be adapted for various eye shapes, such as hooded eyes, monolids, and deep-set eyes. Modify the wing and eyeshadow placement to suit your unique features.
Q2: Are false lashes necessary for the fox eye makeup look?
A: While false lashes can intensify the fox eye effect, they are not mandatory. You can achieve a subtle version of the look using mascara and focusing on eyeshadow and liner techniques.
Q3: Can I wear the fox eye look for everyday makeup?
A: Yes, you can make the fox eye look more wearable every day by using softer eyeshadow shades, shorter winged eyeliner, and skipping false lashes. This will create a subtle and natural appearance.
Q4: Can I wear the fox eye makeup trend with a colored eyeliner or eyeshadow?
A: Yes, you can add a pop of color to the fox eye look by using colored eyeliner or eyeshadow for the wing. It adds vibrance and a unique touch to the overall appearance.
Q5: What face shape suits the fox eye makeup look?
A: The fox eye makeup look can complement various face shapes. Its elongating effect works well for round or square faces, adding balance and dimension.
Q6: Are there any alternatives to winged eyeliner for the fox eye look?
A: Yes, if you prefer a softer approach, you can opt for smudged eyeliner or a tightline technique along the upper lash line. It will still accentuate your eyes without the dramatic wing.