Every day we have to spent a lot of time in the sun. Long-term Exposure to sun can cause sun tan, wrinkles, dark spots, skin ageing, skin dryness, and in extreme cases can lead to skin cancer. So, if you want to protect your skin from undue sun damage and preserve its natural glow and health, then you need to use a quality sunscreen with an SPF level between 15-30. If you are confused how to choose a perfect sunscreen that can be a best sunscreen for all skin types, then scroll down and go through the list of 10 best sunscreens for face in India.
Top 10 Best Sunscreens In India For Every Skin Type
The sunscreen for all skin types is the best multipurpose product that can also be used by others as well, in daily skincare routine.
1. Lakme Sun Expert Fairness + UV Lotion SPF 50 PA+++
The daily use of sunscreen effectively protects and moisturises your skin. It helps to get rid of tan lines and flaunt radiant skin. This Lakme product is a shield against the harmful UVA and UVB rays of the sun. Apart from sunburn and tan lines, it prevents dark spots and premature aging. It effectively cools your skin and makes it look fresh. It also moisturises your skin and gives you a radiant glow. Regular use of this product can lighten your skin tone.
- Lightweight feel
- Mild fragrance
- High Spf
- Spreads nicely
- Little Quantity is needed
- The whitish layer is left behind but this settles down after a while of application
2. Jovees Argan Sun Guard Lotion SPF 60 PA++++
This product is a Water Resistance Herbal Formulation with SPF 60 (PA+++). It has been scientifically developed using ingredients like argon oil extracts, green tea, calendula, chamomile along with other natural extracts.
It has properties to protect the skin from exposure to the sun, which also provides optimum nourishment to the skin. It also has anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that help in maintaining its health and appearance. Daily use of this lotion helps retain potential hydration, evens out skin tone and protects the skin from the harmful effects of UV-A and UV-B rays.
- SPF 60 PA+++
- Water resistant
- Doesn’t make the skin oily
- It absorbs quickly into the skin
- 2-in-1 product moisturises the skin well
3. O3+ Mattifying Gel Cream SPF 50
The O3+ Mattifying gel cream SPF 50 helps in controlling excess shine while providing skin brightening benefits and sun protection. This cream is a light gel base formula that instantly provides sun protection without giving an oily or greasy feeling to the skin. It gives a Matt feel to the skin while giving a skin lightening effect.
- Non greasy
- Highly suitable for normal to oily skin
- Matte gel formula is easy to absorb.
- Helps in making the skin fair
- Reduces oil
- Prevents from acne
- Formulated in Italy by Dermatologists
4. Kaya Youth Protect Sunscreen SPF 50
Kaya Youth Protect Sunscreen has a smooth and lightweight texture with a non-greasy formula. It is enriched with the goodness of botanical extracts like Geranium and potent antioxidants. The broad-spectrum SPF 50 protection shields the skin from harmful UVB rays and also preventing premature and photo-aging. It improves skin elasticity and leaves it with radiant finish. It can be a best sunscreen recommended by dermatologists in India.
- Non-greasy formula
- Intense hydration and nourishment
- High UVA/UVB protection against premature skin aging
- Moisturizing formula
- Suitable for every weather and skin type
- Tends to leave a white cast if you apply too much of it
5. Biotique Bio Sandalwood 50+ SPF UVA/UVB Sunscreen
This nutrient-rich lotion is blended with pure sandalwood, saffron, wheat germ, honey and bark of the arjun tree to keep skin soft, fair and moisturized. It protects your skin with broad spectrum SPF 50 UVA/UVB sunscreen. This sunscreen is water resistant and perfect to wear in water also. It retains SPF after 80 minutes in the water. It also work as moisturizing cream, so it is 2 in one formula. This Biotique sunscreen may not meant for oily skin.
- 100% Ayurvedic
- Water-resistant (retains SPF even after 80 minutes in the water)
- Broad spectrum sun protection with a high SPF of SPF 50+
- Not for Oily Skin
- It has a strong or overpowering fragrance
6. VLCC Anti Tan Sunscreen Lotion SPF 25
The VLCC Anti Tan Sunscreen Lotion is a non-greasy creamy blend formula that provides proper protection against UVA and UVB rays. It quickly absorbed and leaves skin soft and supple. This Sun Screen Lotion is enriched with the goodness of natural ingredients like lemon, jojoba oil, aloe vera and sandalwood extract, zinc oxide, and wheat germ oil. This can be best sunscreen for Indian skin. However not best for hot summer or beaches as it only provides you SPF of 25.
- Travel-friendly tube and affordable
- Smooth creamy texture blends easily
- No greasiness or stickiness
- Provides deep nourishment to the skin
- Protects skin from sun damage and redness
- Suits to sensitive skin
- Good for winter
- SPF 25 can’t give full protection in hot summer or beaches
7. RE’ EQUIL Oxybenzone and OMC Free Sunscreen
Sunscreen is a step in the daily skin care regimen that has advanced UVA and UVB filters, spreads easily without deep skin penetration to avoid any irritations and allergic reactions. This is the best sunscreen for teenage girl in India if you especially have oily acne prone skin. It provides six hours of long protection and does not require frequent reapplication. The texture is in lotion form due to which it feels very light and spreads well.
- Best for Oily, Sensitive, and Acne-Prone Skin
- Contains SPF 50 and PA+++
- Works for Dry Skin as Well
- No Breakouts
- Light on the Skin
8. Aroma Magic Sunblock Lotion SPF30 PA++
This lotion provides full spectrum protection against harmful UVA and UVB sun rays by combining natural sun blocking agents with sunscreens. It is a non-greasy and light formula that makes feel your skin comfortable. It holds moisture in and forms an invisible barrier on your skin that prevents tanning and also helps lighten the skin.
- Free of Parabens & Chemicals
- Non-greasy formula
- Enriched with wheatgerm & jojoba oil
- Does not leave any oily residue behind
- Provides protection only for an hour
- May sweat a little bit with prolonged exposure to sun
9. Mamaearth Ultra Light Indian Sunscreen SPF 50 PA+++
Mamaearth’s Ultra Light Sunscreen with SPF 50 is best sunscreen for all type of Indian skin tones. It provides up to 6 hours of protection against harsh UVA and UVB rays. For dry to combination skin, this sunscreen did an excellent job of sunscreen + moisturizer. Natural ingredients in it such as turmeric and orange oil treat tan and keep your skin glowing without making it oily or greasy. Mamaearth Ultra Light Indian Sunscreen is free from all harmful toxins such as parabens, mineral oil, silicone, etc.
- SPF 50 PA+++ which provides a very good protection against UVA and UVB rays
- Good moisturization capability
- Non-greasy and non-oily
- No white cast
- Will suit most skin types
- Ultra-light on the skin
- Mild fragrance
- Free from paraben, silicones etc
- Not recommended for people who stay outdoors for long hours
10. Aveeno Protect + Hydrate Lotion Sunscreen SPF 50
The sunscreen is of a medium consistency, neither too watery nor too thick. If you apply more than necessary, it may leave behind a whitish cast. The product absorbs quickly and provides UVA and UVB sun protection to help prevent sunburns and signs of premature skin aging. Foundation as an effective broad spectrum sunscreen and is available in a travel-friendly size. Its formula is oil-free, non-comedogenic, and sweat and water-resistant for 80 minutes. This can be counted in one of the best sunscreen for face in India.
- Provides broad-spectrum sun protection in a water-resistant formula
- Suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin
- Offers a high SPF of 50
- Takes a while to absorb
How To Choose The Right Sunscreen For You
Now the question is, which are the best sunscreens to go for. To make things easier, here are some tips that you need to consider before buying best sunscreen for everyday use in India.
Look for SPF 30 or higher
We recommend, the best sunscreen for face is with an SPF of at least 30 or higher. The higher the SPF the better protection it will offer against UVB radiation.
Check the label for broad-spectrum protection
Broad-spectrum sunscreen means the product provides coverage against both UVA and UVB rays. This is not only crucial for skin cancer prevention, but also for protecting your face from sun damage and premature skin aging.
See if the sunscreen is water-resistant
Water-resistant sunscreen means you’ll be protected while you swim, but you’ll need to reapply when you get out. Water-resistance typically lasts either 40 or 80 minutes after which you need to reapply sunscreen.
Know your skin type
How to choose sunscreen according to your skin type is a very common question. Before choosing a sunscreen, know your skin type. If you have normal skin, you can probably use just about any sunscreen you like. But for other skins, you have to choose the sunscreen, specially made for you.